Compare Applied Systems vs VMware BETASee how working at Applied Systems vs. VMware compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Applied Systems vs. VMware. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Applied Systems scored higher in 3 areas: Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- VMware scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Applied Systems.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at VMware.
- VMware had 104 more reviews than Applied Systems that mentioned "Middle management" as a Con.
I have been working at Applied Systems full-time for less than a year
Incredible company at the forefront of its industry. Great pay, incredible leadership, and very collaborative environment even in a remote position.
Lack of thorough training, could use better alignment on processes/operations. Product bundles are a bit confusing to navigate effectively as a sales team.
I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year
Great salary, great benefits (401k, well-being reimbursements, team outings, ESPP), great potential for bonuses depending on your job area. Team probably matters the most for your individual... experience. My team is wonderful, encourages finding learning/growth opportunities, and takes advantage of the unlimited PTO. VMware encourages good work/life balance, taking time off, taking holidays, etc, although plenty of employees work more than 40 hours/week by choice.
Feels like a big company and it just keeps growing. Because of this there's a lot of re-orgs and management changes. Now there's talk of being acquired which could be a disaster.
Advice to Management
Don't let us get bought out by an even bigger company! We like the values and company culture of VMware. Don't let them change.