Compare Benefitfocus vs State of South Carolina BETASee how working at Benefitfocus vs. State of South Carolina compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Benefitfocus vs. State of South Carolina. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Benefitfocus scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and CEO Approval.
- State of South Carolina scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Benefitfocus.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at State of South Carolina.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Benefitfocus.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at State of South Carolina.
I have been working at Benefitfocus full-time for more than 5 years
The best part is working with smart colleagues who become your best friends. It’s a challenging work environment which isn’t for everyone but I like. It’s a great first job and you will learn a lot.
The company is under-competitive on compensation even before COVID. Until recently, management and poor leadership were the biggest cons. The previous CEO tanked the company culture & created an... environment where no one could succeed. With a new CEO I am optimistic that it’s changing, we are now focusing on the right priorities & that the once thriving culture that made Benefitfocus a great place to work will come back.
Advice to Management
Increase pay & bring back culture to stay competitive when it comes to associate recruitment & retention, success will follow. Also continue the renewed focus on delivering values customers.