Compare Berkshire vs The Hanover Company BETASee how working at Berkshire vs. The Hanover Company compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Berkshire vs. The Hanover Company. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Berkshire scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- The Hanover Company scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Berkshire.
- "Lease" was the most mentioned Pro at The Hanover Company.
- Berkshire had 3 more reviews than The Hanover Company that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
- Berkshire had 2 more reviews than The Hanover Company that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Berkshire full-time for more than 5 years
Berkshire has created an environment and a culture that has me never wanting to leave. During the early stage of Covid-19, Berkshire made a point to tell all employees. 1) Take Care of Yourself 2)... Take Care of Your Family 3) Work comes 3rd They truly meant that. They immediately offered all employees 80 pandemic hours to use as they seemed fit. If that included sick time due to us contracting Covid-19 or needing to isolate if a family member tested positive, we did not have to worry about using our personal PTO or wondering if we would get paid. We could use it if we needed to take off for child care. They also allowed a flexible schedule to rotate schedules and work from home to make sure our offices allowed for proper social distancing. This helped empower myself and my employees knowing that our safety came first. This alone makes me want to work harder for Berkshire and give them my all. We also are in the middle of the BLM movement. Our senior leadership opened up a town hall forum for open discussion and to discuss what we as a company can do to support BLM. It also opened up a safe platform for many employees to discuss how they felt during such a time of uncertainty and it was a beautiful moment and really moved me. I can't say how much I appreciate a CEO that opens up a forum like that for employees to truly express how they are feeling in today's climate. When we are not in the middle of a pandemic, Berkshire continues to shine. Pay is much higher than other companies in my area, outstanding bonus structures, and senior leadership that makes you feel like a team and makes you feel like you impact the success of this company directly.
There are no cons to working for this company.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing! We improve every year.