Compare Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation vs Zulily BETASee how working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation vs. Zulily compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation vs. Zulily. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Zulily scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Zulily.
- Zulily had 37 more reviews than Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation full-time
From the top leadership all the way through to program teams and business partners, the staff are fully committed to the foundation’s mission and values. It is a place to think big and think... innovatively about the world’s most pressing challenges, while partnering with the most impactful and exciting local, national and global organizations. The internal environment is highly supportive, with strong, highly conscientious, emphasis on refining culture, values and the working environment. Finally, the benefits are second to none.
While strategy helps structure and articulate grant portfolios , it can constitute a significant - sometimes excessive - part of the work for all program teams, which otherwise could be devoted to... grant design, local partnership building or other country-level work. Work life balance can be challenging to achieve based on the role, depending on if the team is sufficiently staffed, but can be developed with the manager.
Advice to Management
Strategies are not just corporate business plans but mission statements that teams take to heart and internalize. When strategies are too frequently refreshed or teams are too frequently... re-orgarnized, it is diruptive not just to the work but can also be deeply impactful for teams on an emotional level and can shake individuals’ commitment.