Compare Black & Veatch vs Garmin BETASee how working at Black & Veatch vs. Garmin compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Black & Veatch vs. Garmin. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Black & Veatch scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
- Garmin scored higher in 6 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Garmin had 12 more reviews than Black & Veatch that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Black & Veatch had 8 more reviews than Garmin that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I have been working at Garmin full-time for more than 3 years
- Multiple interesting/challenging projects for embedded software development provide many opportunities to learn a lot and in a short time. - Good leadership who is supportive of their engineers. -... Great work culture and acceptable work life balance (some projects would demand more time and effort). - People are always willing to provide help. This is especially great for young engineers who are fresh out of college. - Great benefits - 401k, medical insurance. Pay is competitive to other companies in the area.
- Back to back projects can sometimes cause engineers to burn out. - Pay may not be competitive to tech companies in general.