Compare Blackhawk Network vs Royalty Exchange BETASee how working at Blackhawk Network vs. Royalty Exchange compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Blackhawk Network vs. Royalty Exchange. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Royalty Exchange scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Blackhawk Network.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Blackhawk Network.
I have been working at Royalty Exchange full-time for less than a year
- Great people - Level-headed management - Work/life balance (it's REAL here!) - Unique market position - Making a positive impact on the world - Lots of ideation and creativity - Passion for... healthy conflict (but no jerks) - Crazy cool customers and industry - Location (walking distance from Union Station in downtown Denver) I have worked with many different startup cultures in my career and this one is top notch. The people are awesome, the impact we have is real, and the market we serve is a blast! There's tons of room for personal growth and long-term career opportunity, and the innovation mindset throughout the company pushes us into new and unique opportunities all the time.
- Lack of focus - Average benefits - Internal communication challenges We have loads of ideas and are truly surrounded by opportunity in our space. With that comes focus challenges internally,... at times feeling like we're running in different directions at the same time. Benefits aren't bad, but they're not extraordinary. And it's hard to know what each team is working on strategically, even though it isn't a huge office/team.
Advice to Management
Improve how initiatives are communicated (frequency and channel) across the company and hold to the key ones (giving priority to the most important aims and deprioritizing projects with less impact.