Compare Block vs Bitly BETASee how working at Block vs. Bitly compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Block vs. Bitly. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Block scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Bitly scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Block.
- "Bitly" was the most mentioned Pro at Bitly.
- Block had 28 more reviews than Bitly that mentioned "Growing pains" as a Con.
I have been working at Block full-time for more than 3 years
I've worked at lots of other tech companies, from tiny startups to a big, sprawling brand name. Block (and specifically Square) is still far and away the best culture I've ever worked in. People are... really smart and hard working but not competitive. I never feel pressured to give up my work/life balance. There's a lot of room for individuals and teams to try new ways of working, new features, new products. Every team I work with is helpful and has a great attitude.
With so much autonomy for teams, it can be hard to get everyone "rowing together." If you want to succeed in any sort of a leadership role, you'll need to be good at making a convincing case for big... initiatives.
I have been working at Bitly full-time for less than a year
great compensation/benefits, making real efforts to keep us united while a lot of us work from home, haven't worked with anyone who i don't like. making genuine attempts to improve DEI.
none that i can think of