Compare Bloomberg L.P. vs BlackRock BETASee how working at Bloomberg L.P. vs. BlackRock compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Bloomberg L.P. vs. BlackRock. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Bloomberg L.P. scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- BlackRock scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Bloomberg L.P..
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at BlackRock.
- Bloomberg L.P. had 30 more reviews than BlackRock that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
- BlackRock had 85 more reviews than Bloomberg L.P. that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 5 years
Combining the best of the financial and technological elements of the job market, Bloomberg is an excellent firm to work for. Driven by results, but with a fair work-life balance : allowing each... employee to adapt accordingly to their ambition and personal/family needs. Excellent facilities (their London office is the best in the world) and perks. Firm has a fantastic track record since its inception.
It could create an internal platform for innovative ideas; or partnering with employees launching new enterprises.
I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than 3 years
Working at BlackRock has provided me a great foundation to spring-board my career. The firm is incredibly inclusive that it allows all walks of life to excel and succeed. With the fast pace... environment, it breeds incredibly innovation and pushing all individuals to showcase their full potential. I cannot say enough great things about this firm!
When there are deadlines that need to be met and urgent outstanding items, it can becomes difficult to foster a continuous work-life balance.
Advice to Management
My biggest recommendation to Senior Management is to continue the transparency. Throughout these challenging times that come with the pandemic, Senior Management have stepped up in multiple ways to... ensure that each employee feels comfortable and supported. In the future, the notion of being transparent should not change once the pandemic stops but instead continue upward.