Compare Booz Allen Hamilton vs Protis BETASee how working at Booz Allen Hamilton vs. Protis compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Booz Allen Hamilton vs. Protis. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Protis scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Booz Allen Hamilton.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Booz Allen Hamilton.
I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than a year
- You don't have to move up the corporate ladder if you don't want, but if you do want to, there are plenty of opportunities to get certificates - If they lose a contract, they try really hard to... place you elsewhere inside the company. A loss of a contract does not automatically mean you are out of a job. - They pay really well, and the benefits are great
- You have no choice in who your health insurance company is, and it's one of the worst health insurance companies - Decisions seem to be made in a vaccuum, and managers never seem to be on the same... page with each other or with the clients
Advice to Management
Having been a manager in previous jobs, I know that you can't always tell everyone why certain decisions are being made, but try to do that to the extent you can. In the positions I've held with BAH,... I have felt completely caught off guard by decisions that were made, and it felt like each team would only get a certain bit of info that wasn't shared with everyone else. That has caused a lot of distrust between team members and with management.
I have been working at Protis full-time for more than 3 years
-The Team culture is amazing, most people here will tell you they believe we are a family unit, we go over each others houses and hang out outside of work . Also these people are crazy and they will... make you laugh a ton, we laugh together and we have each others back in every aspect. - if you don't know how to do something all you have to do is speak up and someone will come over and show you how to do it or lead you to the person that can - Initial training programs are lengthy and prepare anyone to become a prospering employee quickly - There is an open door policy and trust me it mean fully open, you can speak your mind about what you think without fear of what might come from it. The company is willing to consider new changes and new ideas for the company based on people onions and we are a very vocal group about this. - Our Insta game is on point! - We take days off with day passes at hotels or boat trips to go party on an island, we like to interact with each other all the times we can. - If you have a family they will be welcome to be part of ours, we know and love our colleagues significant others and they come to most parties and happy hours too.
- The work life balance can lack at times with the not so flexible schedule; don't mistake this though the company will still give you the time you need to get your life in order because stuff... happens and they get it. - Working from home is not a thing yet.......(work in progress)
Advice to Management
Keep it up and trust us to be the professionals you hired us to be