Compare Burson-Marsteller vs MSL BETASee how working at Burson-Marsteller vs. MSL compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Burson-Marsteller vs. MSL. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MSL scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- MSL had 2 more reviews than Burson-Marsteller that mentioned "Great people" as a Pro.
- MSL had 7 more reviews than Burson-Marsteller that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Burson-Marsteller full-time for more than 3 years
Very interesting work, excellent work experience on diverse set of projects - issues, corporate affairs, etc.
review cycles are rare and pay is low
I have been working at MSL full-time for more than a year
- unlimited PTO and amazing benefits - pays slightly above industry standard - strong client roster - positive and progressive corporate culture - for the most part, teams respect the 9-6 business... hours, however there are frequent 10-11 hour working days depending on client needs and staffing - considering the agency lifestyle, I would say MSL has a decent work-life balance. Just make sure you're cut out for the fast-paced style and are ok with some long hours. - CEO is very transparent, cares about her employees - very steady promotion / raise cycle - business consistently performs well, leaving room for job security and steady growth opportunities
- For context, most of the "cons" for MSL are dependent on your team / client; MSL as a company is truly one of the best. - teams are often understaffed and/or have extremely heavy workloads -... requests for additional support take so much time that it often doesn't end up being helpful when the workload is too much - you will often be performing or expected to perform at the level above what your title is, and will often be wearing many hats / doing the workload of multiple people
Advice to Management
Help teams who are struggling with staffing to avoid burnout and increased turnover