Compare California Highway Patrol vs LAPD BETASee how working at California Highway Patrol vs. LAPD compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at California Highway Patrol vs. LAPD. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- California Highway Patrol scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- LAPD scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- California Highway Patrol had 2 more reviews than LAPD that mentioned "Pay and benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at California Highway Patrol.
- "Always want" was the most mentioned Con at LAPD.
I have been working at LAPD part-time for more than a year
I worked for the informatio and technology department. Really great place to get a start in your tech career. Lots of knowledgeable people. Got experience in hardware, software, networking, cyber... security. Helped me land my first full time job in the private sector. Really flexible with student interns schedules. Gave me time off to take midterms and finals.
No automatic rollover into a full time position. Like most goverment jobs you have to test into a full time position. Decided to work in the private sector after waiting to long to hear back from... them.