Compare Carriage Services vs NorthStar Memorial Group BETASee how working at Carriage Services vs. NorthStar Memorial Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Carriage Services vs. NorthStar Memorial Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Carriage Services scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
- NorthStar Memorial Group scored higher in 8 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Decent benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Carriage Services.
- "Northstar memorial group" was the most mentioned Pro at NorthStar Memorial Group.
- Carriage Services had 1 more reviews than NorthStar Memorial Group that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I worked at Carriage Services full-time for more than 3 years
I have never had an experience where I was given TOTAL autonomy. The leadership was left to ME! I was led by normal operation methods that a small business demands and unless I had a problem, I was... left to handle the business. The support staff was unusually kind and if we were to partner in our succession plan, Carriage would be the OBVIOUS choice. I left with hesitation to build real estate equity but they could NOT have been more gracious!
I truly can’t think of any.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work…the stock value is proving that you got this right!
I have been working at NorthStar Memorial Group full-time for more than 5 years
I love working at NorthStar. Great company with the most amazing coworkers. I really can't imagine working anywhere else. I have never worked with so many compassionate and talented people that have... become like family to me. Great pay and great benefits, too!
None at this time. Support from management has always been great. Lots of company-provided training and resources, too.