Compare Castlight vs Square BETASee how working at Castlight vs. Square compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Castlight vs. Square. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Square scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Square had 25 more reviews than Castlight that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Square had 7 more reviews than Castlight that mentioned "Growing pains" as a Con.
- Square had 7 more reviews than Castlight that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Castlight full-time for more than 3 years
The healthcare space is challenging, so it’s important to be led by optimistic, tenacious, and strategic leaders who can sense the next opportunity and work tirelessly toward focused goals.... Castlight’s leadership sets an inspiring vision time after time and really rallies the team. The CEO Maeve also brings high integrity and authenticity to the role, and a fun attitude, which is refreshing and helps her stay connected to the team. It’s great to find a company that chooses to do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy path. There’s a super collegial and supportive atmosphere at the company, with personal wins celebrated, festive and diverse holidays, and a creative / can-do spirit that permeates teams. It’s definitely the smartest, humblest, and most committed team I’ve worked with. Many colleagues form close friendships that span beyond work. Finally, the products aim to tackle some of the thorniest problems in healthcare—access, cost, health literacy and consumer awareness. It’s rewarding to build tools that have the power to guide major healthcare decisions.
The space is dynamic and intense for sure—people who seek to understand our industry and ecosystem will do best when in riding the waves that come from serving large employers and partnering with... plans.
Advice to Management
Keep up the creative and passionate atmosphere. It feels like the Castlight team can problem-solve anything, big or small.