Compare Cisco Systems vs Palo Alto Networks BETASee how working at Cisco Systems vs. Palo Alto Networks compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cisco Systems vs. Palo Alto Networks. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cisco Systems scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Palo Alto Networks scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible work" was the most mentioned Pro at Cisco Systems.
- "Great products" was the most mentioned Pro at Palo Alto Networks.
- Cisco Systems had 522 more reviews than Palo Alto Networks that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Palo Alto Networks full-time for more than 3 years
This company is a wild ride. We have gone through a lot of transitions here but it's amazing to see the growth and change we have undergone to address market gap and opportunity. My career has grown... drastically - and with that has comes a lot of opportunity for growth and development. I have an amazing team, and we work well together. I've consistently seen those who are high performers elevated to tackle new projects and programs - it just takes raising a hand to volunteer.
With rapid growth comes a lot of pressure. We have changed a lot over the past three years and it's hard to keep up sometimes. That can make things feel frantic. There are a lot of changes and I... don't anticipate that slowing down any time soon. I think it will continue - and it will be stressful to keep up if you can't prioritize. There are small pockets of inefficiencies in our systems and sometimes, in our teams.
Advice to Management
Identify the opportunities available to create efficiencies. Hold people accountable to the same performance standard.