Current Employee - Collaboration Customer Success Manager
I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than a year
-Extremely supportive coworkers (the most helpful people I know)
-The benefits are amazing - not just 401K/PTO/Health Insurance, but Cisco has so many continued learning events and resources, 5 days... VTO (volunteer time off) to give back, employee resource organizations to get involved with, on site gym (with awesome classes) and healthcare facilities, plus a lot of on-site events to promote cross-collaboration with other groups.
- The pay is amazing.
- Very communicative and transparent with all changes/considerations. We have monthly All-Hands via Cisco TV where our CEO and much of the C-Suite are updating us on the latest happenings in the company.
- Very supportive leadership in ensuring you are set up for success and continually helping you to identify and plan for future roles you may want to take on.
- The commute/traffic to RTP.
- Like many large companies, there are a lot of old tools, processes, and systems that you have to use to do your job. They are working hard to consolidate them though!...
- Again, with many other large companies, lay offs can happen (but Cisco did put on an internal career fair the last time for those being displaced to try and refill open positions based on skillsets of those that were impacted.)
Advice to Management
Keep being transparent and working on improving employee experiences! Continue with the work on dealing with layoffs, the career fair was a great start!)
I have been working at Secureworks full-time for more than a year
This is my first security job out of university and I was truly surprised at the salary that was offered as it was a lot more than I had ever earned before.......I love working here. Have been here... for a while now and the company is amazing and innovative, can truly see why Dell Secureworks are market leaders in what we do. They tend to promote management from within, so that management know what they are doing and this gives employees a true aim of what to go for. Constant coaching and encouragement to complete professional certifications. SecureWorks is very flexible with the way that they deal with their staff and if you really wanted it, the sky is the limit with SecureWorks. Truly an awesome company to work for.
The only gripes I have is some of the tools we use are starting to show their age, however, that is constantly being worked on with new innovations and new technologies and processes. It is... difficult to interact with different teams sometimes as they feel segmented and communication for new processes?new technologies really needs to be improved.
Advice to Management
Not so much advice, but a true thank you for giving me the opportunity to help guide the company forward. Truly love SecureWorks