Compare Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs Macquarie Group BETASee how working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Macquarie Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia vs. Macquarie Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance and Positive Business Outlook.
- Macquarie Group scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia had 160 more reviews than Macquarie Group that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Red tape" was the most mentioned Con at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Macquarie Group.
I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia full-time
Good growth pathways, good people, good offices
Usual trappings of a big corporate
I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time for more than 3 years
Forward leaning, credible, detailed commitment to being a sustianability leader Innovative group of people with a culture of trying new things Senior management seem genuinely committed to being... good managers Amazing CEO -- smart, personable, strategic, articulate
Growing pains as the institution becomes a large bank Still working out expanded governance issues
Advice to Management
Clarify senior delegations and let smart people deliver and hold them accountable.