Compare Corning vs 3M BETASee how working at Corning vs. 3M compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Corning vs. 3M. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Corning scored higher in 3 areas: Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- 3M scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- 3M had 109 more reviews than Corning that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- 3M had 27 more reviews than Corning that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Corning full-time
-Benefits are great -Ability to give coworkers money at Corning's expense for a job well done. (ex. $15 - $250) -Able to receive discounts on insurance for completing annual assessments. -Plenty... of leadership opportunities.
-Overtime incredibly high (at least in my department) -Putting production deadlines over employee safety. (Very understaffed, but having to run all equipment even if it means not getting a break for... 12 hours.) -When expressing concerns of employees' wellbeing and workload, the response was "we have deadlines that need to be met" -People hired for roles that they did not apply for, but were asked to interview anyways.
Advice to Management
We understand that business deadlines are highly important, but the wellbeing of your employees is far more important.