Compare Corning vs PepsiCo BETASee how working at Corning vs. PepsiCo compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Corning vs. PepsiCo. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Corning scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- PepsiCo scored higher in 3 areas: CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Corning.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at PepsiCo.
- "Small town" was the most mentioned Con at Corning.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at PepsiCo.
I worked at Corning full-time
-Benefits are great -Ability to give coworkers money at Corning's expense for a job well done. (ex. $15 - $250) -Able to receive discounts on insurance for completing annual assessments. -Plenty... of leadership opportunities.
-Overtime incredibly high (at least in my department) -Putting production deadlines over employee safety. (Very understaffed, but having to run all equipment even if it means not getting a break for... 12 hours.) -When expressing concerns of employees' wellbeing and workload, the response was "we have deadlines that need to be met" -People hired for roles that they did not apply for, but were asked to interview anyways.
Advice to Management
We understand that business deadlines are highly important, but the wellbeing of your employees is far more important.
I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years
From top leadership team to peers that work with daily, everyone really supports work-life balance and help each other to achieve the goal. Great culture and dynamic.
Some job functions don't have as many opportunities as marketing or sales team