Compare CrowdSource vs Appen BETASee how working at CrowdSource vs. Appen compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at CrowdSource vs. Appen. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Appen scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Writers" was the most mentioned Pro at CrowdSource.
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at Appen.
- "Editors" was the most mentioned Con at CrowdSource.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Appen.
I have been working at CrowdSource for less than a year
Working for crowdsource.com allows me to work from home and choose my hours. The assignments are varied and interesting, with sufficient work available to earn quite well. They have always paid... promptly, in 1-3 days via Paypal. None of my work has ever been rejected, and ample time was given for revision on those which required it prior to approval.
Sometimes the available work dwindles for a while - so while I would like for it to be more of a mainstay, I have to be on the lookout for additional work elsewhere in order to stay ahead of the game... financially.
Advice to Management
When our assignments are completed and the editor leaves comments, we should have a facility for responding to those comments... especially in cases where the editor has made a mistake.