Compare DataStax vs Redis Labs BETASee how working at DataStax vs. Redis Labs compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at DataStax vs. Redis Labs. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- DataStax scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Redis Labs scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Open source" was the most mentioned Pro at DataStax.
- "Nice people" was the most mentioned Pro at Redis Labs.
- "Open source" was the most mentioned Con at DataStax.
- "Growing company" was the most mentioned Con at Redis Labs.
I have been working at DataStax full-time for more than a year
This company is not someone's experiment; the new leadership has done this before and knows exactly what it takes to win. We are experienced, hyper-focused, talented and driven. The culture: Is... increasingly inclusive, thanks to the pace set by our new People leader. Provides a safe place in which to fail, as long as you learn from it. Offers a rare, perfectly-balanced combination of Drive and Empathy.
Majority of new hires are senior and very experienced. Some seem exasperated they need to roll up their sleeves and do work they did 5-10 years ago because they haven't yet hired a team underneath... them to take over the grunt work.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing! We believe in you and are excited about the future.
I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for more than a year
The people who work here, especially in senior leadership, are fantastic. Through the company, they've consistently 'done the right thing' for the individuals and our clients. The product is... fantastic and is a huge benefit for our clients. Little perks really add to my enjoyment working here: - Monthly food delivery funds (due to COVID) - Random swag - Incredible transparency during company meetings - WFH allowances (due to COVID)
Still a growing company... so some growing pains. Reviews and career progression isn't well defined (though, with the speed of growth, it's easy to change roles nonetheless).
Advice to Management
We're on a great track, keep doing what you're doing.