Compare DeKalb County, Georgia vs Gwinnett County BETASee how working at DeKalb County, Georgia vs. Gwinnett County compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at DeKalb County, Georgia vs. Gwinnett County. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- DeKalb County, Georgia scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Gwinnett County scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Gwinnett County had 2 more reviews than DeKalb County, Georgia that mentioned "Good benefits" as a Pro.
- "Upward mobility" was the most mentioned Con at DeKalb County, Georgia.
- "Advancement opportunities" was the most mentioned Con at Gwinnett County.
I have been working at DeKalb County, Georgia full-time for more than a year
Stay in your lane do your job be on time, manage your time. I The location I work in is very family oriented. Everyone helps and I am very much so appreciative. Do not come in the door like you know... everything and can't be taught nothing you will find yourself gone quick. Here with working with government you have a 6 month probation not your typical 90 days. So throughout that time and even after you best be in your best behavior. I hope this information is helpful.
Some working areas are not up to par. Some buildings need a huge HGTV makeover.
Advice to Management
Invest in working environment.
I worked at Gwinnett County for less than a year
-great work environment, organized, good pay for experience level -activities providing kids ~outdoor~ fun, education -on job CPR/AED training (lasts for 2 years) -great resume booster
-occasional difficulties working with children, patience necessary