Compare Dell Technologies vs Akamai BETASee how working at Dell Technologies vs. Akamai compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Dell Technologies vs. Akamai. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Akamai scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Dell Technologies.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Akamai.
- "Large company" was the most mentioned Con at Dell Technologies.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Akamai.
I have been working at Dell Technologies full-time for more than a year
Great work-life balance with outstanding benefits. The management team keep employees informed and reorganizations are abundant. You may have to work late sometimes when a projects needs to be... completed, but that is balanced with the ability to work from home when you need to.
There are reorganizations which inevitably lead to workforce reduction, the company has done very well during the covid due to work from home. People that you work with can be nice and opportunity... to learn is never ending, there are very talented employees, politics and bureaucracy can be the showstopper.
Advice to Management
When times are good and profits are high remain lean usually these times are not sustainable.
I have been working at Akamai full-time for more than a year
Only expected to work 40 hours a week, promotion requirements outlined, company holidays, you can actually use unlimited paid time off. Flexible work from home.
Possible to be overloaded with customer accounts. The recent restructuring of the company was due to everyone working from home, which seemed necessary given the pandemic.
Advice to Management
Scale-up Security Services, hire more Security Consultants to divide the workload.