Compare Dolby vs Airbnb BETASee how working at Dolby vs. Airbnb compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Dolby vs. Airbnb. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Dolby scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance and Positive Business Outlook.
- Airbnb scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "9 80 schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at Dolby.
- "Great culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Airbnb.
- "Decision making" was the most mentioned Con at Dolby.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Airbnb.
I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 5 years
- Great Benefits - Creative, driven, and hard working colleagues - Global teams = diverse perspectives - Focused on growth mindset leadership - Great for beginning and mid career growth.
- Since it's global, it never "shuts off" - meetings can sometimes be early or late in the day - Extremely fast paced, decisions sometimes made w/o consults, or decision not made because too many... "cooks in the kitchen" - If you are outside of the SF offices, it can be sometimes hard to connect with other staff.
Advice to Management
Please continue to focus on diverse hiring, more women, LGBTQIA+, and POC in leadership roles (including the board and all the way up to E-Staff).