Compare Dolby vs Block BETASee how working at Dolby vs. Block compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Dolby vs. Block. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Dolby scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Block scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- Dolby had 8 more reviews than Block that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Decision making" was the most mentioned Con at Dolby.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Block.
I have been working at Block full-time for more than 3 years
I've worked at lots of other tech companies, from tiny startups to a big, sprawling brand name. Block (and specifically Square) is still far and away the best culture I've ever worked in. People are... really smart and hard working but not competitive. I never feel pressured to give up my work/life balance. There's a lot of room for individuals and teams to try new ways of working, new features, new products. Every team I work with is helpful and has a great attitude.
With so much autonomy for teams, it can be hard to get everyone "rowing together." If you want to succeed in any sort of a leadership role, you'll need to be good at making a convincing case for big... initiatives.