Compare Edward Jones vs Oval Money BETASee how working at Edward Jones vs. Oval Money compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Edward Jones vs. Oval Money. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Edward Jones scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Oval Money scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Home office" was the most mentioned Pro at Edward Jones.
- "Door knocking" was the most mentioned Con at Edward Jones.
I worked at Edward Jones full-time for more than a year
The people here are genuinely kind and want you to succeed (it's mutually beneficial that you do). The work environment is generally relaxed but as its a serious industry, there are strict guidelines... and management has high expectations. You have the potential to make as much money as you want or to fizzle out before you really begin. This means you have to have tenacity and a high work ethic. I have nothing but good things to say about EJ and everyone I met there.
Its a serious industry, and EJ has high expectations for their employees. If you want to be in a relaxed, slow paced, tranquil career, this is probably not the right choice for you. People are... literally trusting you with their life's work in some cases, so be prepared for stressful, uncontrollable situations. EJ is there to help you stay on track and comply with regulations, but they're not going to do your work for you. Get ready for rejection, high demands, and challenging days (which is in any finance job).