Compare Edward Jones vs StoneMor BETASee how working at Edward Jones vs. StoneMor compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Edward Jones vs. StoneMor. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Edward Jones scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Edward jones" was the most mentioned Pro at Edward Jones.
- "Helping families" was the most mentioned Pro at StoneMor.
- "Financial advisor" was the most mentioned Con at Edward Jones.
- "Stonemor" was the most mentioned Con at StoneMor.
I have been working at Edward Jones full-time
Autonomy, time control, ability to set your own earnings goals and receive help, encouragement, and advice from colleagues who have been there - done that.
For the career ... this is a fantastic job for those who enjoy working with, coaching, counseling, and helping people set financial goals, and dealing with all the things that come with the territory.... It also requires the ability to deal with irregular pay that can vary significantly, sometimes for multiple years (bear markets). And be able to deal with the emotional challenges that creates. Finally, one must be comfortable working in a constantly changing business, and be very self disciplined. If one is not comfortable with all of those things, it may not be the right career. As for the firm, it is critical that one is self disciplined and comfortable working in a office by themself or with one other assistant. Help is always a phone call away, but if someone is not self motivated or needs to be physically around others to keep up their motivation, the role of finanacial advisor at EDJ is not for them.