Compare FIS vs GitLab BETASee how working at FIS vs. GitLab compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at FIS vs. GitLab. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- GitLab scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at FIS.
- "Handbook" was the most mentioned Pro at GitLab.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at FIS.
- "Gitlab" was the most mentioned Con at GitLab.
I have been working at FIS full-time for more than 3 years
Career mobility, remote work, fantastic benefits, tuition reimbursement, student loan pay back program, good people, A ton of PTO.
Internal disorganization, lack of standard processes (these are constantly developing because of how quickly things change in IT), high stress, fast pace
I have been working at GitLab full-time for less than a year
-The ability to work anywhere asynchronously with your co-workers. The new found freedom gained with your loved ones and or family is life changing. -Working with highly motivated and highly... intelligent individuals. With the company's core values, everyone is expected to be engaged for our and our clients betterment. -GitLab is an amazing product for DevOps and DevSecOps. There aren't any places you will work where you get credibility from industry peers by name alone.
-The company requires highly motivated self-starters. Due to the nature of a remotely distributed company with asynchronous work, you will need be scrappy at collecting data and good at your own... project management. -While GitLab does a fantastic job of creating social events to kindle relationships between peers, it obviously will never have the same kind of social environment as an in-person employer.