Compare Facebook vs Hulu BETASee how working at Facebook vs. Hulu compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Facebook vs. Hulu. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Facebook scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Hulu scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Facebook.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Hulu.
- Facebook had 385 more reviews than Hulu that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years
- Salary / Perks - Culture - Openness - Technical Depth - Autonomy
- Proprietary Tech - Competitive - Political - Difficult to pursue intellectual interest
Advice to Management
Really, it's tough managing such a place a large company and addressing all the potential issues. Specifically for data engineering though, I would hire people to service in the internal tooling... that actually require to use said software in their day-to-day to achieve their role. Also, more headcount per stakeholder -- although, I know that's an issue they've been dealing with for years.
I worked at Hulu for less than a year
I worked at Hulu's greenhouse for about 6 months, and I loved my time there. The pay was almost double my last gig and you get to work on tons of stuff, be it Hulu originals or just editing together... ads for the service. It's honestly extremely gratifying work and I never felt like I was just going through the motions and the culture within the team is super nuturing: No one is toxic and everyone works together super hard. Questions are encouraged and the organization of the workspace is really good, after being trained you feel like you can find things anywhere.
No free Hulu for contractors!!! Also seems kind of difficult to get full-time even if you do great work, but that's part of the nature of contracting in the first place.