Compare Facebook vs SmartThings BETASee how working at Facebook vs. SmartThings compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Facebook vs. SmartThings. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Facebook scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- SmartThings scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Facebook.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at SmartThings.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Facebook.
- "Leadership team" was the most mentioned Con at SmartThings.
I have been working at Facebook full-time
- Amazing onboarding experience - Wide selection of teams - Rewarding compensation - Impressive engineering tooling - Great extracurricular support
- Starting to feel less like a startup - Processes can be rigid in some situations
I have been working at SmartThings full-time for more than a year
SmartThings has a huge platform with high volumes of traffic, a plethora of technologies used, and brilliant engineers.
It can be demanding, the world of IOT is moving extremely fast.
Advice to Management
Reliability engineering should be a first class concern. New features are great, but reliability engineering should be a first class product concern that requires continuous investment as it has the... most direct impact on our customers.