Compare Foreign and Commonwealth Office vs Civil Service United Kingdom BETASee how working at Foreign and Commonwealth Office vs. Civil Service United Kingdom compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Foreign and Commonwealth Office vs. Civil Service United Kingdom. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Civil Service United Kingdom scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Civil Service United Kingdom had 20 more reviews than Foreign and Commonwealth Office that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Locally engaged staff" was the most mentioned Con at Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- "Private sector" was the most mentioned Con at Civil Service United Kingdom.
I have been working at Foreign and Commonwealth Office full-time for more than 10 years
Travel the world; learn foreign languages; influence the stories behind the headlines
Public sector pay can't compete with the private sector, and austerity has removed some of the gloss from the overall package.
I have been working at Civil Service United Kingdom full-time for more than a year
It's probably one of the best work environments to work in. People are there willing to help you and the customer. Always flexible and always well treated. Highly recommend
There are many rules which you need to follow but this is standard for the government.