Compare Gannett vs Freedom Communications BETASee how working at Gannett vs. Freedom Communications compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Gannett vs. Freedom Communications. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Gannett scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Freedom Communications scored higher in 2 areas: Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- Gannett had 60 more reviews than Freedom Communications that mentioned "Great people" as a Pro.
- Gannett had 104 more reviews than Freedom Communications that mentioned "Newspaper" as a Con.
I have been working at Gannett for less than a year
The company has a great support system for fellows and interns. I made great connections with my supervisor, colleagues and other fellows and interns. The programming for interns helped me feel like... I was part of a community. I was able to get my questions answered and advice from anyone I spoke to in the company - everyone was willing and eager to help me. I was pleasantly surprised by the flexibility of my schedule and the mentorship I found from my supervisor and colleagues.
I think the communication across departments could be improved. I had some technical difficulties at the start of the fellowship and it took longer than expected to get the issues resolved. I also... have had to go out of my way to introduce myself to people who are not a part of my team in the newsroom. If they were more accessible, I think there would be more collaboration that would benefit the entire newsroom. Knowing those outside my team would have helped me to know more about the leadership structure of the newsroom and know who best to contact for different issues.