Compare Genentech vs Amgen BETASee how working at Genentech vs. Amgen compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Genentech vs. Amgen. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Genentech scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Amgen scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Genentech had 52 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- Amgen had 2 more reviews than Genentech that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Amgen had 4 more reviews than Genentech that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- Genentech had 1 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Decision making" as a Con.
I have been working at Genentech full-time for more than a year
Easy onboarding process, friendly group of coworkers, and interesting technologies and projects to work on
Sometimes placed in small teams with few mentors. Not much room to grow and learn
I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than a year
Amgen is a solid company to work for. They hire seasoned top talented people that exhibit qualities that go beyond the job description
There can be a disconnect between Marketing and Sales needing better collaboration and fulfillment
Advice to Management
Simplify, don't over complicate the sales process