Compare Giant Eagle vs ALDI BETASee how working at Giant Eagle vs. ALDI compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Giant Eagle vs. ALDI. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Giant Eagle scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- ALDI scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at Giant Eagle.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at ALDI.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Giant Eagle.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at ALDI.
I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years
Although Giant Eagle has many locations and thousands of employees, you are still appreciated as an individual and valued -- just like family. Giant Eagle actively promotes inclusion and diversity... rather than simply paying lip service to these values. Because Giant Eagle is a privately held company, it has the ability to make strategic decisions beyond the next quarterly earnings report, but Giant Eagle is also small enough to move with an agility and swiftness that publicly traded behemoths cannot match.
Data sharing and input across divisions within the company could be more streamlined.
Advice to Management
A comprehensive approach to documenting and maintaining policies and procedures, although onerous, would improve efficiency.
I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year
The company looks out for you, the company pays you back for buying steel-toe shoes, and provide you with proper training to do a good job.
Small store, not a wide selection, no employee discount.