Compare Glu Mobile vs Storm8 BETASee how working at Glu Mobile vs. Storm8 compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Glu Mobile vs. Storm8. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Glu Mobile scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Storm8 scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Glu Mobile.
- "Lunch and dinner" was the most mentioned Pro at Storm8.
- "Studios" was the most mentioned Con at Glu Mobile.
- "New games" was the most mentioned Con at Storm8.
I have been working at Storm8 full-time for more than 5 years
Storm8 is an great company to work for. You really get a lot of flexibility to find the best solution to any problem, and the entire engineering team is amazing. Everyone is very supportive, and... everyone helps everyone else to learn and grow. If at some point Storm8 begins hiring again, I would 100% recommend anyone and everyone apply. Your personal growth is only limited by your ambition and abilities. I went from engineer to lead very quickly simply because I wanted it and I really applied myself; and my efforts were recognized and awarded. Also, when things were good. They were really good. They took the whole company to Hawaii! And bonus's are amazing. Like my first bonus ever was over 30% of total salary.
Storm8 has been having trouble finding another hit success game since their initial success. We recently went through a massive set of layoffs and we're struggling to find something to really get... behind and make amazing.
Advice to Management
Listen less to the product management team about new game ideas, and listen more to your engineering team about what we can accomplish easily and quickly. Going all in on ideas pitched by people... who's entire career is about smooth talking the numbers is always a risky proposition.