Compare Goldman Sachs vs GLG BETASee how working at Goldman Sachs vs. GLG compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Goldman Sachs vs. GLG. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Goldman Sachs scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- GLG scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Goldman Sachs.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at GLG.
- "Working hours" was the most mentioned Con at Goldman Sachs.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at GLG.
I have been working at GLG full-time for less than a year
GLG is a great place to grow as a professional. It's rare to see established company with an entrepreneurial spirit function well. Also great to see a company that eats its own cooking. Throughout... this time of crisis GLG leadership turned to expert advice to guide decision making. The executive leadership team has made sound decisions and shown compassion to employees as we all adapt to a new normal.
A few GLG old-timers are stuck in "the way things used to be". For this company to thrive it needs to innovate and embrace new thinking and new processes - or a process. At times decisions are made... as though we're still a 100-person company working out of a small house.
Advice to Management
GLG needs a diversity of opinion, particularly in senior management. A prior role at McKinsey should not be a pre-requisite to working at GLG. We need more operators and fewer strategists. Along... these lines, please continue your focus on diversity and inclusion and ensure clear follow-through on these efforts.