Compare Google vs Facebook BETASee how working at Google vs. Facebook compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Google vs. Facebook. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Google scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Facebook scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- Google had 540 more reviews than Facebook that mentioned "Smart people" as a Pro.
- "Big company" was the most mentioned Con at Google.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Facebook.
I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year
Google offers discounts for their employees to attend events where they're likely to learn something new that would help them in their job. They also offer discounts to their employees for a... selection of museums.
Work-life balance – not always balanced. Ambitious, new or young talent may end up hanging out at the office outside of work hours, often working or learning. This can develop into peer pressure to... spend a lot of time at the office
I have been working at Facebook full-time
- Amazing onboarding experience - Wide selection of teams - Rewarding compensation - Impressive engineering tooling - Great extracurricular support
- Starting to feel less like a startup - Processes can be rigid in some situations