Compare Grainger vs MSC Industrial Direct BETASee how working at Grainger vs. MSC Industrial Direct compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Grainger vs. MSC Industrial Direct. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Grainger scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- MSC Industrial Direct scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Profit sharing" was the most mentioned Pro at Grainger.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at MSC Industrial Direct.
- Grainger had 38 more reviews than MSC Industrial Direct that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I have been working at Grainger full-time for more than 8 years
Well respected brand, forward thinking leadership team, room for growth if you are willing to relocate, fantastic work life balance
Your happiness is dependent on your leader and their leadership style, as a publicly traded company it can be frustrating to please the shareholders and employees at the same time, lower pay scale... compared to other companies in the same industry’s
Advice to Management
I worked at MSC Industrial Direct full-time for more than 10 years
It took me leaving to find out that I had it made at MSC. The other companies out there can't hold a candle to MSC.
Lots of work to do at all times.