Compare Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa vs MapMyFitness BETASee how working at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa vs. MapMyFitness compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa vs. MapMyFitness. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa scored higher in 2 areas: Senior Management and CEO Approval.
- MapMyFitness scored higher in 6 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa.
- "No benefits" was the most mentioned Con at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa.
I have been working at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa full-time
I have been with the company for several years and the most impressive aspect has been the attention they place not only growing each individual location but the industry as a whole. Hand & Stone... is very dialed into what is currently trending to keep providing our clients the latest and greatest offerings. This concept also keeps our employees engaged and excited! The owners have an open door policy and are constantly looking to be challenged in an effort to implement ideas that only benefit the business, employees, and clients. They have maintained a nice family environment despite their success, which has been a huge factor in why we have a low turnover rate with our employees and members. No hard work goes unnoticed and they are always providing positive reinforcement to make you feel valued. The company is growing rapidly and provides a lot of growth opportunities.
The locations are opened long hours, at times there can be a challenge to have a work/life balance. However, the owners and upper management are always promoting the importance that has on our lives... and are willing to work with you to ensure you are not hitting the "burn out" stage.
I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time for more than 3 years
- mission driven company with a focus on improving human health through connected fitness - CEO and management team with incredible passion and vision for global digital/mobile leadership -... incredible growth on every front, revenue, talent, brand profile, athletes, teams and assets - world class proven digital leadership and talent via acquisition of 3 of the top health/fitness category app leaders
- with rapid growth comes change, uncertainty, and a need to be able to "go with the flow" at times - working here will likely force you to grow your career, and growing generally happens outside... our comfort zones: you will be uncomfortable at times. Just like fitness. Your teammates will pick you up.
Advice to Management
Identify the people who have the passion to fulfill on this mission and make sure they can advance quickly to rise to their potential.