Compare Harrods vs Selfridges BETASee how working at Harrods vs. Selfridges compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Harrods vs. Selfridges. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Harrods scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Selfridges scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Harrods had 57 more reviews than Selfridges that mentioned "Staff discount" as a Pro.
- Selfridges had 1 more reviews than Harrods that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Harrods full-time for more than 5 years
So cosmopolitan,diverse and above all a cracking social life.Very friendly people and staff were well looked after. Cannot complain. The mid eighties to early nineties was a brilliant time to be in... London.
Off the top of my head i cannot think of one con. I really had a great time and worked in various departments gaining a lot of experience for which i will always be grateful.
Advice to Management
More parties. Every friday evening before heading to the George pub we used to have drinks and pringles in the department. I suppose that is taboo now.