Compare Helium vs Airbnb BETASee how working at Helium vs. Airbnb compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Helium vs. Airbnb. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Helium scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Airbnb scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Great culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Airbnb.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Airbnb.
I have been working at Helium full-time for more than 3 years
I don't think you could find another company like this if you tried. The product is audacious and has a lot of technical surface area, so there's always something new to learn. The team is close-knit... and highly experienced. Work/life balance is good most of the time and benefits/comp are stellar. Everyone is very engaged and excited by what we're building, so there's positive pressure to get stuff done.
Very Slack-heavy communication style. If you're not paying attention to Slack, you're missing out on important context and decisions. As a result, sometimes people aren't on the same page about... what's happening and what needs to get done. You have to be able to tolerate some uncertainty, but it's a startup after all.
Advice to Management
Consider investing more in personal development, encouraging employees to learn new things, go to conferences they're interested in, and develop any other relevant skills.