Compare IBM vs Applied Systems BETASee how working at IBM vs. Applied Systems compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IBM vs. Applied Systems. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Applied Systems scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Applied Systems.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at Applied Systems.
I have been working at IBM full-time for less than a year
Diversity and inclusion program Free online courses provided for self-learning If you have a good leadership in your business unit, you're one of the lucky ones Benefits are good 401k available
Some teams operate without project management or without good project management No bonuses Gone are the pension plans
Advice to Management
Really apply changes with regards to diversity and inclusion, and truly target and eliminate systemic racism, gender bias, etc. Look into benefits of user experience research Apply EDT and iteration... to all aspects of org process, management, and business goals
I worked at Applied Systems full-time for less than a year
Medium size company. Colleagues including managers are nice. Excellent vacation plan. Definitely a good company to work with.
You need to take ownership for your project. Not too many resources available.