Compare IBM vs Cornell University BETASee how working at IBM vs. Cornell University compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IBM vs. Cornell University. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cornell University scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Cornell University.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
- "Ithaca" was the most mentioned Con at Cornell University.
I have been working at IBM full-time for less than a year
Diversity and inclusion program Free online courses provided for self-learning If you have a good leadership in your business unit, you're one of the lucky ones Benefits are good 401k available
Some teams operate without project management or without good project management No bonuses Gone are the pension plans
Advice to Management
Really apply changes with regards to diversity and inclusion, and truly target and eliminate systemic racism, gender bias, etc. Look into benefits of user experience research Apply EDT and iteration... to all aspects of org process, management, and business goals
I have been working at Cornell University full-time
Collaborative, intellectually stimulating environment and culture, great benefits, wonderful brand
Limited career progression for non-academic staff. Salaries on the low side but it is a university., so that is to be expected. Depending on your role, you can work long hours because many teams run... lean.