Compare IBM vs The University of North Carolina System BETASee how working at IBM vs. The University of North Carolina System compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at IBM vs. The University of North Carolina System. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- IBM scored higher in 5 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- The University of North Carolina System scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at The University of North Carolina System.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
- "Low pay" was the most mentioned Con at The University of North Carolina System.
I have been working at IBM full-time for less than a year
Diversity and inclusion program Free online courses provided for self-learning If you have a good leadership in your business unit, you're one of the lucky ones Benefits are good 401k available
Some teams operate without project management or without good project management No bonuses Gone are the pension plans
Advice to Management
Really apply changes with regards to diversity and inclusion, and truly target and eliminate systemic racism, gender bias, etc. Look into benefits of user experience research Apply EDT and iteration... to all aspects of org process, management, and business goals
I worked at The University of North Carolina System part-time
Really good people to work with
Sometimes long hours weren’t communicated well