Compare Illuminate Education vs Mavenlink BETASee how working at Illuminate Education vs. Mavenlink compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Illuminate Education vs. Mavenlink. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Mavenlink scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Make a difference" was the most mentioned Pro at Illuminate Education.
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Mavenlink.
- "Illuminate" was the most mentioned Con at Illuminate Education.
- "401k match" was the most mentioned Con at Mavenlink.
I worked at Mavenlink full-time for more than 3 years
I have never and probably will never work in a more supportive team. Working at Mavenlink is a delight every day. The defining attribute of working as a developer at Mavenlink is XP practices.... Pair programming and TDD. If you did a little pairing in college and hated it because it was so boring I really recommend you come in with an open mind and give it another shot. You will learn a ton about yourself as a programer and about the tools you are using. Mavenlink invests in their employees and the people are smart, thoughtful and interesting.
There are two major bummers about working here: 1) Product and sales operate essentially as entirely separate companies. The sales team is always selling things that don't exist yet and product... is left in the dark to what actually matters to customers. (this is very normal for a sales led software company, but it is a shame) 2) Pair programming, while awesome, is exhausting, and severely limits flexibility. Sometimes it can feel like you are working on an assembly line and expected to be generating maximum output form 9 to 6 sharp.
Advice to Management
Figure out how to reward collaboration across departments. My recommendation is to change sales compensation structure to reward retention over 'winning'.