Compare J. Crew vs Madewell BETASee how working at J. Crew vs. Madewell compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at J. Crew vs. Madewell. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Madewell scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- J. Crew had 136 more reviews than Madewell that mentioned "Great discount" as a Pro.
- J. Crew had 58 more reviews than Madewell that mentioned "Part time" as a Con.
I worked at J. Crew part-time for less than a year
- Enjoyable work environment - Friendly coworkers - Management is approachable and willing to work with your availability - Merchandise discount is generous - Fair pay - Part time employees... eligible for 401K after one year of employment - Paid weekly - Direct deposit available - Weekly schedule can be viewed, and shifts can be swapped, online/on an app
- Hours can depend on how much revenue the store is bringing in, so you may be asked to leave early or your shift may be taken off the schedule - Part time associates are only scheduled up to 28... hours per week
Advice to Management
Keep hiring great people!