Compare J.P. Morgan vs Amazon BETASee how working at J.P. Morgan vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at J.P. Morgan vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- J.P. Morgan scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at J.P. Morgan.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- Amazon had 525 more reviews than J.P. Morgan that mentioned "No work life" as a Con.
I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time
Opportunities Internally and Externally with experience working with such a large corporation.
Competitive. You've got to take the highs with the lows when it comes to promotions, layoffs, org shifts and overall dynamic of a world facing business. Professionalism and resiliency is at the top... of my list when thinking of very basic attributes required to work for a company of this scale.
Advice to Management
Make sure annual reviews are based on title level and not expectation. For example,I've been performing at a VP level for several years. My managers and peers expect a certain level of quality that I... know is above my pay grade and title. But my reputation is stellar. So I deliver. Still I'll get a review based on these standards, which should be a pay grade higher than where I am.