Compare Kohl's vs Barnes & Noble BETASee how working at Kohl's vs. Barnes & Noble compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Kohl's vs. Barnes & Noble. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Kohl's scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Barnes & Noble scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- Kohl's had 376 more reviews than Barnes & Noble that mentioned "Employee discount" as a Pro.
- Kohl's had 191 more reviews than Barnes & Noble that mentioned "Part time" as a Con.
- Kohl's had 148 more reviews than Barnes & Noble that mentioned "Minimum wage" as a Con.
I worked at Barnes & Noble part-time for more than 3 years
You get to learn about new and upcoming authors and expand your book knowledge beyond what you thought you already knew
Setting an importance on selling memberships to every single customer
Advice to Management
Keep track of break and lunch times for all of your employees. There were many, many instances of head cashiers taking way longer lunch or 15-minute breaks to get out of working the register. In... doing so, they would put my duties and jobs on hold and make me have to rush to finish them before I had to leave for the day. It was extremely frustrating.