Compare Kroger vs Lowe's Home Improvement BETASee how working at Kroger vs. Lowe's Home Improvement compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Kroger vs. Lowe's Home Improvement. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Lowe's Home Improvement scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at Kroger.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Lowe's Home Improvement.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Kroger.
- "Part time" was the most mentioned Con at Lowe's Home Improvement.
I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year
Independent It was like you were in charge of your own flower shop without worrying about the business side of things. I loved every second of it.
You had to be in a union that didn't benefit you as much. Some of the managers weren't understanding when it came to emergency doctor's appointments. One of them wanted me to reschedule a doctors... appointment when it came to cancer. Super low pay, it would be hard to live off of. I never received the benefits from the union. I also was worked 39 hours a week, and told not to go overtime because they didn't want to pay me as full-time.
Advice to Management
Be more understanding towards health issues.