Compare Livefyre vs Mattermark BETASee how working at Livefyre vs. Mattermark compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Livefyre vs. Mattermark. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Livefyre scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Mattermark scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
I have been working at Livefyre full-time for more than a year
- Incredibly cool and fun product - Warm family(like) environment - Honest and direct communication between departments and management to staff - Stunning office, beautiful rooftop deck, close to... all methods of transportation - Scrappy and positive outlook by team members - Kitchen rivals Whole Foods in its food, coffee and snack options
- Normal day to day start- up struggles, with too many things to do and not enough time in the day. - Needs a more concise plan for career paths and advancement
Advice to Management
It breaks my heart to read some of the scathing reviews. I have personally not had one day in the year and a half working at Livefyre when I didn't look forward to going to work, or did not have a... least a few belly laughs with my co-workers. Reading the comments about our CEO, Jordan as a "sociopath" are beyond ridiculous and words that I find offensive. He's young, optimistic and cares deeply for his employees. Is every decision made perfect? Of course not. Does he claim ownership when that happens? Absolutely. All companies big or small have growing pains and hiccups. All. Of. Them. Take a moment to read the biography of Steve Jobs and the plethora of issues that Apple faced as well as some of the tyranical behavior Jobs exhibited. To call someone a sociopath is to imply a lack of empathy and ill will. I have not seen any of that from our exec team. My advice to management is the same advice I would give anyone. Try to be 10% better tomorrow than you were today and it's all an upward trajectory.
I have been working at Mattermark full-time for more than a year
The people I work with are intelligent, diverse, creative, compassionate, friendly, and driven. I feel like we make real progress on our objectives on a weekly basis. Modernization of tooling (Docker..., Mesos, Elasticbeanstalk) has made it much easier to be an effective engineer.
The office can be a loud place to work. There are not enough restrooms to accommodate everyone at peak times.
Advice to Management
Continue to keep the hiring bar high.