Compare Lowe's vs Giant Eagle BETASee how working at Lowe's vs. Giant Eagle compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Lowe's vs. Giant Eagle. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Lowe's scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Giant Eagle scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at Lowe's.
- "Flexible schedule" was the most mentioned Pro at Giant Eagle.
- Lowe's had 535 more reviews than Giant Eagle that mentioned "Part time" as a Con.
I have been working at Giant Eagle full-time for more than 3 years
Although Giant Eagle has many locations and thousands of employees, you are still appreciated as an individual and valued -- just like family. Giant Eagle actively promotes inclusion and diversity... rather than simply paying lip service to these values. Because Giant Eagle is a privately held company, it has the ability to make strategic decisions beyond the next quarterly earnings report, but Giant Eagle is also small enough to move with an agility and swiftness that publicly traded behemoths cannot match.
Data sharing and input across divisions within the company could be more streamlined.
Advice to Management
A comprehensive approach to documenting and maintaining policies and procedures, although onerous, would improve efficiency.